Wednesday, March 20, 2024

Entry #5: Bridging Futures

    Reading both articles expanded my viewpoint on the importance of getting an education after high school. As a college student, I understand some of the benefits of going to college that only pertain to me, such as being able to choose a career that I want to do and that I will enjoy, and knowing that while doing my career, I would be making a very above-average income because of my education and my certifications. I also knew that many job opportunities would start to be more noticeable in the future because of my level of education.

    After I read the articles, I started to understand the actual differences in incomes for people with different levels of education, the benefits to oneself, and the benefits the community achieves from more people seeking higher education. The difference in income between each level is a bit smaller than I imagined, but I understand it is speaking about the general public and not one career specifically, so the numbers will vary. And after doing some research about my career as a college student, I would still like to continue my education so I can one day work as I want to. 

    With the benefit of the community, I believe it is essential for people to at least try and go for a higher education if they don't want to. It's fine that school isn't for everyone, but if they do and continue, we can have higher wages, less poverty, and more jobs, which will benefit the community and the economy in the long run. In the end, school is a choice for people after high school, but I believe they should give it a chance because it has many benefits for them and for their community.



3 comments:

  1. You know, diving into those articles really seems to have sparked some deep thinking on your part about the whole college experience. It’s like you’ve peeled back the layers to see not just how college can shape your own future, but also how it ripples out to touch the community.

    It’s pretty cool that you’re seeing beyond the campus, recognizing that education does more than just fill our heads with knowledge it can actually fill wallets. Sure, the paycheck boost might not be as huge as we sometimes dream, but it’s about more than just the dollars, isn’t it?

    I understand that college isn’t everyone’s cup of tea. There’s a whole world of learning, from trade schools to online courses, that can lead to amazing careers. It’s all about finding the path that feels right for you.

    Your take on giving the school a shot, even if you’re not sure, is pretty spot on. It’s like trying a new flavor of ice cream you might just find a new favorite. Plus, who knows what doors it could open up, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed your blog post! I liked how you talked about the different benefits of higher education, some being personal and some being about the community. I agree with you that everyone should give it a chance, especially since there are so many amazing scholarships out there! Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Zion Webb

    I totaly share your perspective. Continuing education, beyond school is essential not for individual development and professional advancement but also for the welfare of society and the economy overall. It's wonderful to note your grasp of the advantages of education and your dedication to achieving your aspirations despite obstacles. I am convinced that allocating resources, to education stands as one of the contributions we can make for both ourselves and our community at large.

    ReplyDelete

Entry #10: Phoenix's Climate

     The weather in Phoenix can be a bit of a double-edged sword. On one hand, the endless days of sunshine are amazing for outdoor activiti...