Monday, February 12, 2024

Entry #2: The Language of Music

    Music is a form of art. From the pulsing beats of a drum to the gentle strum of a guitar, music has the power to evoke memories, inspire creativity, and bring joy. Whether it's the shared experience of a live concert or a personal moment with headphones on, music is an integral part of the human experience, touching our souls and enriching our lives. It's a way of relaxing, expressing oneself, or just having fun, but others use it for many reasons. For me, it helps me focus, it helps me relax, and I use it to have a good time with my friends or family by dancing or just singing with them. I listen to different genres of music, but mainly in Spanish. My favorite artist is Junior H.

    When I do homework, there's usually a lot that I have to do, and sometimes it gets hard to keep my attention or to focus, so I listen to music to help, but it's not just with homework; it's with cleaning or other things that need my full attention. I believe many people use music to help them focus when it comes to many different things. I use music to have fun, like when I drive around with my family or when it comes to parties, especially with my friends. We just try to have a good time listening to our favorite songs. Sometimes I come home from school or just a day of doing things, and I just want to relax, so I put on music to help with that. Music has a way of changing moods, and it helps me change my mood from stressed and anxious to relaxed and calm, depending on what I listen to.

    Music is for everyone; they each have their own taste and opinions of different genres; some like instrumental, some like Spanish, some like rap, and others like country, but for me, it's mainly Spanish. I do listen to some English songs, but rarely. And it's just a good way for people to enjoy themselves or with others.

12 comments:

  1. Music is such an important asset in our everyday lives. As you said, it's such a great artform that everyone can find and engage in. Music is definitely one of the best ways to have a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I 100% agree with you! Music is also a big part of my life as it helps motivate me to get my chores and work done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Abigaill, I'm also a big fan of music. I also can hardly do anything without listening to it. I have over 3,000 songs downloaded on my iPhone ranging from all different genres. It is just such a good outlet to use to express yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, I enjoyed reading your blog in music Abby. I, too, enjoy music for whatever else I do with my time, whether it be driving to school or the gym, or when I am cleaning or playing a relaxing game. I actually have playlists of different kinds of music for different activities that I do throughout the day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Music is really one of those things that really let me focus and unfocus. Music is amazing because there are so many different kinds of genres and it can be likeable by many people.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Abigaill! I also love music so much. I've always said that music puts me into this relaxing state of mind where the only thing I can focus on is the different parts of a song like the background vocals, the ad-libs, and the beat. I love how music is so universal and can connect so many people.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can really relate to this blog and i feel like many others can as well with music playing such a large role in all of our lives. There are so many different uses for it and can kind of put you in your own world. I have my headphones in almost all the time especially at the gym or while skateboarding and I liked seeing the other ways people use it and how it can impact culture.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can attest to the power of music. No matter what I am trying to do, a bit of music will help to improve the experience.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My mom and I also like to go out and try new shops that we have never been to before! Mostly coffee shops because it’s a classic choice but the bonding is the most important part :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't imagine going a day without music. I'm always listening to something at all times. It helps me get through the day keeping me in a good mood.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love music so much. I can connect and speak to people in so many ways. It is definitely an art.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Zahraa Najim,

    Now days we can't go on with out day without listening to music. There are pros and cons to this but I think music cause really make someone focus and more relaxed as there doing a task.

    ReplyDelete

Entry #10: Phoenix's Climate

     The weather in Phoenix can be a bit of a double-edged sword. On one hand, the endless days of sunshine are amazing for outdoor activiti...