Personally, I don't use hashtags when I post on my social media, but I have used them before. For example, me and my friends created a TikTok account during our senior year of high school, just to have fun. When we were about to post our tiktoks, we added a couple of hashtags to help it go viral, like #fyp, #friends, #funny, #trending, etc. We also added a couple of hashtags in Spanish since our content was mostly in Spanish.
When I see hashtags in my social media, I see how they relate culturally, politically, professionally, and socially. Hashtags are like a powerful tool that can start movements, spread awareness on important issues, and even influence elections. Also, they help businesses and people grow their brands and connect with their customers. They have created communities and brought people together over shared interests or causes. Even though they are not as trending and usual as back in the day, they are a way for voices to be heard and stories to be shared on a global stage.

I completely agree with you that even though the hype around hashtags may have changed over time, their ability to amplify voices and share stories on a global scale is still pretty cool.
ReplyDeleteI'm the same way, I really don't use hashtags that often, in fact like you, I think I have only ever used them on Tik Tok.
ReplyDelete